Monday, April 13, 2015

Countdown to the Graffiti Graphic Novel

I've spent the better part of 7 years adapting and drawing a graphic novel titled A Church Called Graffiti, and the past year figuring out what to do next. Probably not the most intelligent tactic not to have at least put pages up online while I was drawing it ... but hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?

So I'm working on getting them online. There's just always a ton of other "more urgent" things to do because they have to do with school/work/church right here, right tomorrow. And drawing always comes off like it's "an indulgence".  Except it's not. Drawing is one of the ways I express myself, and I'm learning to value it for what it is, a language of pictures and words that I want to be more fluent in ... and it's becoming abundantly clear that I'm going to have to make time for my books to BE. And other things are going to have to make way for them.

The Graffiti mission is celebrating its 40th Anniversary in June.  I have to get these pages online.

No comments: