Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Nerds of Color: Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Milestone Media November 19th

I was invited to join the guests on the pop culture website The Nerds of Color for a chat this Thursday night about the 20th Anniversary of Milestone Media

Milestone Comics started 20 years ago and had a really good run for a few years before they were swallowed up by their distributors, DC Comics ... Milestone was the first comic book publisher I'd ever worked for. And to be honest, in hindsight I didn't know how good I had it there until I worked for other comics companies afterwards ...

I was there on our first official day ... I'd started out as a Production Assistant doing paste up and minor art correx, and eventually I was promoted to Production Manager, so I focused more on making sure our issues shipped on time. It was a beautiful time ... what was especially lovely was how our Editor-in-Chief Dwayne McDuffie was not afraid to give us newcomers a start in the business, and I got to co-write Icon #7 with him -- the issue where Rocket decides to keep her baby.

Two of the four founders, Denys Cowan and Michael Davis, one of our Editors, Joe Illidge, and our very talented inking artist on Static, Shawn Martinbrough will be the guests. It's truly an honor to be among these gentlemen, and I'm very happy for the invitation. Please join us and Hard N.O.C. Life host Keith Chow this Thursday evening at 9:30 EST.

The Nerds of Color has a Youtube channel so if you can't join us there for the live event, it will be posted there once it's edited.

No comments: