Monday, May 09, 2011

Leonard Starr's Mary Perkins On Stage: LOVE IT!


Chris and I have started to collect the wonderful trades being published by Classic Comics Press.

I remember reading Leonard Starr's Mary Perkins On Stage in the paper every once in a while back when I was a kid ... but it was such a sophisticated comic strip I couldn't handle it (hey, I was what, 10?) I found it beautiful to look at, and kept returning for that but the storylines themselves were just way over my head ...

Now that I'm in my 40s and can appreciate the interesting, adventurous and romantic entanglement (etc.,) storylines. What an great comic strip! I must repeat: I. ABSOLUTELY. LOVE. LEONARD STARR'S MARY PERKINS ON STAGE!!

We've caught up with the run and are looking forward to the rest of the volumes!

No comments: