Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Works With Words March 29th Program (review)

The Works With Words program at the Downtown Nashville Library was, in a word, fantastic. The weather had been once again rainy-gray, but the turnout was great and the artists all shared wonderful little tidbits about their pieces.

I find when a show is hosted and we are walked through it by either by the artist or the curator (or even a docent that's been well-informed) there is just so much more enjoyment that can be gleaned. Even pieces that I may have been initially indifferent to, take on a greater weight and I can find a whole new appreciation for.

When I have more time -- but before the next (and final) program for Works With Words in June -- I hope to set up a new post with links to the artists with my favorite pieces from the show (and I only narrow it down to these selected few because I'm so short of time because of work lately.)

I highly recommend attending the next program, which will be held on Saturday, June 7th.

No comments: