Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rejection: Love Hung Out To Dry

I am no philosopher. Or theologian. I have no college degree. I just tend to mull over stuff. A lot.

I think about a lot of things, but I also try not to get depressed over them like I used to when I was a teenager. (I think part of the depression not being so bad like it used to be is because about three years ago I found I had a lot of food allergies. I eliminated the foods from my diet that were making me sick and I am doing better. So though I do get sad from time to time now, I don't fall into the debilitating funk like I used to. But that's a tangent -- I'm no doctor. I'm just saying.)

Anyway, it seems to me that Rejection fuels a lot of Pain and Anger. Deep rejection from childhood makes people insecure and liable to do stupid things. So often they try to make up for their own rejection in the worst and weirdest ways, too.

Basic politeness towards strangers goes along way. Here people will smile at you as they walk past you on the street. There is something just nice about that. It's like acknowledging we are all here, trying to deal. Living. Working to instill hope. Doing the best job we can. I think inspiring hope goes a long way.

Believing in the best of people goes a long way.

No comments: