Monday, May 21, 2007

Justice League Unlimited

Holy smokes -- where do I even begin?

To celebrate her birthday, my best friend and her husband flew in to visit us. Dave brought with him his copy of the Justice League Unlimited Season One DVD, so we could all watch it together while we chilled out in the evenings.

WHAT a FANTASTIC CARTOON.

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT -- THIS is what cartoons and comics ought to be like!

The boy AND girl superheroes are all equally fierce and funny and great and heroic and the stories are fun, and the stories are neat -- and oh my goodness, was my heart glad to watch these episodes! I didn't even get to see all of them but did I just love the ones I did.

I enjoyed this -- and so many obscure superheroes made appearances. The Question! Black Canary. Fire and Ice. Captain Marvel. Dr. Fate! And so many, many more. How hilariously fun this was!

We are SO buying this.

Dwayne McDuffie, Bruce Timm -- and all you other creators involved -- I raise my glass and toast you. Thank you for making this show so much FUN!!

2 comments:

Eudaimo said...

Welcome to the party. Best superhero show ever made. And yes, I mean better than Batman - The Animated Series. :O

Erica Well said...

lol

That and Batman Beyond were pretty good. But THIS one -- and with all the different superheroes to boot -- yeah, this one's GREAT.